The Bank was incorporated in 1948 as Komunalna banka – Bitola with operational focus on the region of Bitola, and since 1962 on the region of Bitola and Demir Hisar. In 1966, Komunal Banks in Bitola, Ohrid, Resen, Struga and Krushevo merged under the name Komercijalno investiciona banka Bitola seated in Bitola Head Office and five branches.
In 1971, three leading banks in the Republic of Macedonia, Komercijalno-Investiciona banka – Bitola, Komercijalno-Investiciona banka – Skopje and Stopanska banka Skopje integrated in one bank Stopanska banka – Skopje with Head Office in Skopje.
In 1977, Stopanska banka Osnovna banka Bitola was incorporated and constituted, and in 1989 leading banks merged to found Stopanska banka a.d. Skopje, and leading banks were transformed in its main branches.
Stopanska banka a.d. Bitola, in its current legal form commenced its operations under Decision made by the Shareholders Assembly of 07.06.1995 as an autonomous bank with initial balance as of 01.01.1995.